Business Development Manager - Auckland
|Job Title:||Business Development Manager - Auckland|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2021 18:01|
- Strong sustained growth delivered in an innovative, progressive, and supportive environment
- Applications sought from those with accomplished communication and business development skills
- Decency and professionalism are prerequisites
Clear open thinking means we will consider a range of backgrounds but it is likely you will consider yourself intelligent, charismatic, and engaging as well as professional.
About the employer
People are The Rent Shop's core strength.
Perhaps there is no other property management company in New Zealand with a better understanding that people are their business. The Rent Shop state, “Our people are our business. Each one of them embodies our core pillars. We think customer, we lead not follow, we’re driven, and we make a difference. We're all here because we care about making a difference for both our clients and our communities”.
With an understanding of the importance their people make, The Rent Shop now has multiple locations in Manukau, Botany, Auckland City, Hobsonville, Takapuna, Taranaki, Tauranga, Hamilton, Nelson, and Dunedin. The phenomenal growth has been achieved sustainably but within timeframes not thought previously possible in the property management sector. If you’re looking for a proactive, forward-thinking company with standards and decency… that’s The Rent Shop!
The Rent Shop continues its expansion into other main cities around New Zealand. This growth strategy continues to cement The Rent Shop’s reputation as the most innovative and energised property management company in the industry.
About the role
This role involves crafting relationships with care and energy, actively forging new business with landlords and investors throughout Auckland. Large resources of information will identify the valued market they have successfully continued to grow but they need a person with energy and charisma to join the professional business development team.
You will need to have both the desire and ability to communicate with higher socio-economic level clients and also deliver top service and returns to the landlord ensuring consistent communication and reliable tenants.
The key focus of this role is to build relationships with landlords and investors and, in turn, grow the rental portfolio at The Rent Shop. This is a complex industry sector - the BDM needs to be able to work strategically and think and act intelligently with rapidity and efficiency. Enhanced awareness of social media channels and the ability to use these channels to maximum benefit would also assist.
Training for the emerging professional can be provided.
Duties within the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicating the unique market position of The Rent Shop to landlords so they understand the genuine advantage of entrusting their properties to The Rent Shop to manage
- Meet the financial management and growth objectives of the property management department on a monthly and annual basis
- Conduct rental appraisals.
- Utilise all available databases and a variety of marketing resources to secure new business.
- Develop and actively prospect for new business forging mutually valuable relationships with landlord property investors and gaining repeat and referral business
- Complete all paperwork and digital content with excellent efficiency rapidly delivering superior service delivery to landlords
- Contributing to and attending all meetings and training sessions
- Consistent and ongoing development of your knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) is a requirement
- Your ability to communicate and proactively engage with landlords on an ongoing basis is essential
- Delivering superior social media engagement in conjunction with your manager providing fresh valuable content to the marketplace
- This is a role that develops a high public profile - you need to be prepared to be the face of The Rent Shop and deliver their unique message of excellence
- The BDM is to use all sources possible to find potential landlords, working closely with the executive team, grafting leads, and turning those leads into real-life business
- Create new ideas, be involved, find new ways of doing things, review existing procedures and make them better
- Participate in creative discussions around digital and social media, marketing material, and any other new business-related campaigns including investor information evenings
What we are looking for
- The Rent Shop are a team of fresh thinking, inspirational, quick-minded, and dynamic property professionals
- You will know your bright personality allows you to build relationships
- You will dress with modern professionalism because those are the standards you imbibe
- You will have the ability to engage with the team and investor clients charismatically bringing intelligence, fun, and efficiency to the workplace
- While The Rent Shop nurture and grow their staff, they expect you to do the same with those you work with because some of its about them too
Clear open thinking means we will consider a range of backgrounds, but it is likely you will consider yourself intelligent, charismatic, and engaging. This is a role that requires you to build warm relationships with ease so this must be your foremost skill. Don’t give up on your application - if you genuinely possess these skills it is your task to help us understand the level of contribution you can make. Remember we are looking for excellent communication skills.
While it would be sensational to find these attributes in someone who has a residential property business development background, we are open to receiving applications from business development professionals from other industries as well. This said this role will unlikely suit a person who does not already have enhanced general business acumen or the ability to communicate with confidence to high-net-worth individuals.
The challenge and rewards
Remuneration includes an attractive salary and performance-based bonuses. A decent, near new company car is provided, so too is training.
No reward comes without challenge but if you approach this role with decency, professionalism, and energy you are on the right track; not just for superior remuneration but a career that has the legs to carry you through the heights of the growing nationwide group. It’s up to you to get there but you will have the environment in which to grow.
There will be support for you to thrive through training, positive reinforcement, and acknowledgement. Your challenge is to make your career grow at The Rent Shop. Be awesome, be proactive, and nail your job with commitment. Be one of the team. Joining the team, you will work alongside like-minded, motivated business professionals on the way up. You will work in a vibrant forward-thinking, and proactive company.
Go on, click the apply button now, we know you want to! Make sure you read the application process first.
The Rent Shop application process
Property Employment NZ is the selected recruitment partners. In dealing with Property Employment NZ you are as good as dealing with The Rent Shop directly as every application is accessible by The Rent Shop through the supplied applicant tracking portal.
A job description can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Do not use these email addresses for applications - read the how to apply section below.
How to apply and the closing date
Don’t email your resume, we need you to click the apply section of the job ad and upload your resume. If you do this, The Rent Shop get to see your application. Just remember your resume will be visible by both Property Employment NZ and a Senior Executive of The Rent Shop.
The closing date is 26 May 2021 and processing begins on 27 May. All applications must be received before this date.
Processing of applications
- All applications are immediately acknowledged upon application
- All applications will receive a second acknowledgement after the closing date
- Applications that are not accepted or not successful will also be notified by e-mail
- Applications selected for interviews will be personally contacted
You can also call Russell Phillips at Property Employment NZ either via freephone on 0800 67 57 47 or 027 479 0000.
Property Employment NZ is a division of JOBCORP NZ Ltd
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's