Business Development Manager
|Job Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Job Published:||November 04, 2020 11:15|
- The Rent Shop Ltd: A fresh, innovative, progressive, supportive, and energised company
- Nationwide expansion provides genuine career scope
- Acknowledgement, personal growth, and standards that are the envy of industry
About the employer
Having entered a proactive national growth strategy, The Rent Shop now has multiple locations in Manukau, Botany, Auckland City, Hobsonville, Taranaki, Tauranga, Nelson, and Dunedin
The Rent Shop continue their expansion in other main cities around New Zealand. This growth strategy continues to cement The Rent Shop’s reputation as the most innovative and energised property management company in the industry.
Born from the desire to deliver a progressive approach to the property market, The Rent Shop has become a powerful brand growing wealth, protecting investments, and a partner in property management trading second to none.
Reputation is everything at The Rent Shop and the track record is exemplary.
About the role
The key focus of this role is to build the rental portfolio in the Manukau Prime Market Area (PMA).
It is your job to actively create new business in the PMA while providing top service and returns to the landlord ensuring consistent communication and reliable tenants.
This is a complex industry sector - the BDM needs to be able to work strategically and think and act intelligently with rapidity and efficiency.
General Description of Position:
- Develop and actively prospect for new business forging mutually valuable relationships with landlord property investors and gaining repeat and referral business
- Communicating the unique market position of The Rent Shop to landlords so they understand the genuine advantage of entrusting their properties to The Rent Shop to manage
- Meet the financial management and growth objectives of the Property Management Department on a monthly and annualised basis
- Conduct rental appraisals
- Utilise all available databases and a variety of marketing resources to secure new business
- Complete all paperwork and digital content with excellent efficiency rapidly delivering superior service delivery to landlords
- Contributing to, as well as attending all meetings and training sessions
- Consistent and ongoing development of your knowledge of the residency tenancy act (RTA) is a requirement
- Your ability to communicate and proactively engage with landlords on an ongoing basis is essential
- Delivering superior social media engagement in conjunction with your manager providing fresh valuable content to the marketplace. This is a role that develops a high public profile, you need to be prepared to be the face of The Rent Shop Manukau and deliver their unique message of excellence
- The BDM is to use all sources possible to find potential landlords, working closely with the executive team, grafting leads and turning those leads into real life business
- Create new ideas, be involved, find new ways of doing things, review existing procedures and make them better
- Participate in creative discussions around digital and social media, marketing material and any other new business-related campaigns including investor information evenings
What we are looking for
- The Rent Shop are a team of fresh thinking, inspirational, quick-minded, and dynamic property professionals
- You will know you’re bright
- You will dress with modern professionalism because those are the standards you imbibe
- You will have the ability to engage with the team and investor clients charismatically bringing intelligence, fun, and efficiency to the workplace
Clear open thinking means we will consider a range of backgrounds, but it is likely you will consider yourself intelligent, educated, charismatic, and engaging because this is a role that requires you to build warm relationships with ease.
While it would be sensational to find these attributes in someone who has a residential property business development background, we are open to receiving applications from business development professionals from other industries as well.
The challenge and rewards
Remuneration is via a base salary and performance-based bonuses. A decent company car is provided, as well as training. No reward comes without challenge.
There will be support for you to thrive through training, positive reinforcement, and acknowledgement. Your challenge is to make your career grow at The Rent Shop. Be awesome, be proactive, and grow.
Nail your job with commitment and contribute strategically. Be one of the team at The Rent Shop.
The Rent Shop application process
Property Employment NZ are our selected recruitment partners.
To guarantee The Rent Shop are able to view your application click the apply section of Property Employment NZ's job ad and upload your resume.
A unique login to our specific recruitment assignment guarantees all applications will be reviewed by The Rent Shop.
A job description can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You can also call Russell Phillips at Property Employment NZ on 09 271 3200 or 027 479 0000.
Property Employment NZ is a division of JOBCORP NZ Ltd
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's