General Manager Nelson
|Job Title:||General Manager Nelson|
|Job Published:||January 07, 2021 13:45|
- A fresh, innovative, progressive, supportive and energised company
- Property management background desirable but all management backgrounds considered
- A leader with a positive, vibrant style is sought to support and nurture this valued Nelson based team
About the employer
Having entered a proactive national growth strategy, The Rent Shop now has multiple locations in Auckland, New Plymouth, Nelson and Dunedin and will soon continue its’ expansion in other main cities around New Zealand. This growth strategy continues cementing The Rent Shop’s reputation as the most innovative and energised property management company in the industry.
Born from the desire to deliver a progressive approach to the property market, The Rent Shop has become a powerful brand, growing wealth, protecting investments, and a partner in property management trading second to none. Reputation is everything at The Rent Shop and the track record is exemplary.
This company is set to become the leading supplier of property management services in New Zealand.
This is a leadership role tasked with guiding, mentoring and inspiring a truly focused property management team of property managers, business development managers and support staff in the Nelson/Tasman region. The Rent Shop is known for its’ innovative approach to property management.
This role is pivotal, both in driving a culture of excellence which produces superior return on investment and being part of the national leadership team.
Not only will find you find yourself engaging your own team, but you will be called upon to contribute to strategic input into the wider growth of this national company.
There is also a content of business development in this role working alongside the business development staff. In addition to leading the branch it is desirable to be actively involved supporting the staff and personally contributing to the development of business.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring your team grow the property portfolios and manage the portfolios with a culture of excellence while fostering a vibrant team culture within The Rent Shop Nelson team
- Provide a strong return on investment while working within the confines of a pre-determined budget and operating practices
- Ensuring the team complies with all relevant statutory requirements, the residential tenancies act, health and safety, human rights and privacy acts while ensuring the business is run efficiently and effectively
- Ensuring compliance with The Rent Shop national standards as instructed. All signage, processes and procedures should be consistent
- Overseeing all aspects of HR as they pertain to The Rent Shop Nelson including provision of management support and ‘hands on’ HR Management for all staff
- Securing an organisational structure and team culture that produces high staff moral
- Monitoring and operating the system of performance reviews and appraisals and continually develop as necessary
- All staff are managed effectively and enabled to achieve their individual potential through the operation of individual career development plans
- Adhere to the Recruitment and Selection processes every time when employing direct reports
- Ensure we provide maximum client services, a people-oriented experience
- Ensure we regulate and manage the letting of our client’s properties in line with the RTA and the clients agreed proposal
The duties are a small portion of the overall role. Candidates are encouraged to request a full job description in order to better understand the full scope of the position.
The skills and attributes and background we are looking for
The Rent Shop is innovative, progressive, and energised. Their company values intelligence, professionalism, decency, and focus and we therefore seek the same attributes. The person, not just the background, is important.
Your will need to be able to able to demonstrate true leadership capabilities for this role with a focus on previous experience successfully leading and managing teams in a commercial environment.
While the focus is on locating the attributes indicated above, a business professional with drive and commitment will go some way towards delivering the skills needed. Clearly it would be advantageous if your background is in property management leadership and you have a working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA).
We are not going to limit applications from other business professionals other than to say you will need some compelling evidence showing you possess the skills and attributes we are seeking. We are seeking the skills of a true leader who our team will respect for their abilities and energy who goes on to win the hearts, minds and trust of our team forging new levels of performance.
The challenge and reward
Most roles talk only about the money. While it is true the financial rewards will make this role of consideration to many, it is the employer’s work culture that will prove most enticing.
This is a terrific company, the energy the CEO and executive put into the business is legendary, the workplace fun, vibrant. An attractive salary base income, performance incentives, and a company car and cell phone are all provided.
How to apply
Clicking the “APPLY NOW” section is the best way to upload your resume so both The Rent Shop Ltd and Property Employment NZ Ltd can view your application. Both parties have access to the specific assignment.
A job description can be requested by contacting Russell Phillips or Jo Ann Robinson via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Russell or Jo via freephone 0800 67 57 47, or Russell on 021 27 479 0000, and Jo on 021 271 3201.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's