Property Manager - Auckland
|Job Title:||Property Manager - Auckland|
|Location:||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Contact Name:||Cassandra Spanidis|
|Job Published:||September 22, 2021 16:38|
Job reference - 34971
- Fresh, innovative, progressive, and energised company
- Suit career driven individual capable of managing complex client management portfolio
- A variety of backgrounds considered - property management, automotive, commercial business management, and much more
Regardless of what industry you are currently employed in this will prove a very special role. Existing Property Managers will instantly experience a difference.
The key focus of this role is to manage a portfolio of between 100 to 120 properties. You will need to truly understand what exceptional customer service and professionalism really means.
This company is set to become the leading supplier of property management services in New Zealand. The successful appointee will need to be capable of delivering premium service to valued landlords in Auckland Central and surrounds ensuring consistent communication and reliable tenants.
It is your job to ensure the landlords' experience reflects just how exceptional property management can be when executed with professionalism.
This is a complex industry sector; the Property Manager needs to be able to work strategically and think and act intelligently and with rapidity.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Select the superior tenants on merit and follow all necessary background checking procedures
- Prepare Residential Tenancy Agreements and other required documentation
- Supervise the signing of tenancy documentation by the tenant
- Where necessary, deal with enquiries from prospective tenants and show available rental properties
- Maintain regular, close contact with current landlord clients and tenants
- Organise repairs and maintenance to managed properties
- Conduct periodic inspections of managed properties weekly
- Prepare ingoing, outgoing, and routine property condition reports
- Deal with all correspondence in relation to the portfolio of properties managed
- Work through the rent arrears report daily and follow the no tolerance rent arrears programme
- Regularly review the current rental of each property
- Filing and archiving of property management documents
- Attend all team meetings
- Attend all training sessions as directed by your Manager
A full job description is available upon request
The skills and attributes we are looking for
This company values intelligence, professionalism, decency, and focus and we therefore seek the same attributes. The person, not just the background, is important. It is highly likely you are well educated or bright and your personal presentation impeccable. Your communication skills will need to be exceptional.
While the focus is on locating the attributes indicated above, a business professional with drive and commitment will go some way towards delivering the skills needed. Clearly it would be advantageous if your background is in property management and you have a working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA) but first prize is intelligence, professionalism, decency, and focus. We are not going to limit applications from other business professionals other than to say you will need some compelling evidence showing you possess the skills and attributes we are seeking. Full training can be provided by the industry's recognised best.
The challenge and reward
Most roles talk only about the money. While it is true the financial rewards will make this role of consideration to many, it is the employer's work culture that will prove most enticing. This is a terrific company, the energy the Owners and Managers put into the business is legendary, the workplace fun, vibrant. The MD, CEO, and Owners of the Auckland Central franchise will acknowledge your successes and help you thrive for this is the company culture. An attractive base income, performance incentives, and a company car and cell phone are all provided.
The offices will prove well located with a modern free flowing feel to the building just a 5 minute walk from the Auckland Viaduct Harbour, the Americas cup yacht racing and some of New Zealand's best eateries.
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome.
Unfortunately, due to border closures, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present.
This vacancy is therefore only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visas.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Property Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also email or visit our website at propertyemployment.co.nz
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's