Property Manager - Auckland
|Job Title:||Property Manager - Auckland|
|Job Published:||February 09, 2021 08:45|
- Fresh, innovative, progressive, and energised company
- Suit career driven individual capable of managing complex client management portfolio
- A variety of backgrounds considered - property management, automotive, commercial business management, and much more
Poised for the next level of growth, The Rent Shop is known as the most innovative and energised property management company in the industry and is expanding nationally. Regardless of what industry you are currently employed in this will prove a very special role. Existing Property Managers will instantly experience a difference.
Born from the desire to deliver a progressive approach to the property market, The Rent Shop has become a powerful brand, growing wealth, protecting investments, and a partner in property management trading second to none. Reputation is everything at The Rent Shop and the track record for providing enticing returns to landlords and investors while operating with excellence is exceptional.
The key focus of this role is to manage a portfolio of between 100 to 120 properties. The Rent Shop Property Managers are known to be a cut above the rest. You will need to truly understand what exceptional customer service and professionalism really means.
This company is set to become the leading supplier of property management services in New Zealand. We are engaged to locate a person for one of The Rent Shops premier sites in Auckland Central. The successful appointee will need to be capable of delivering premium service to valued landlords in Auckland Central and surrounds ensuring consistent communication and reliable tenants.
It is your job to ensure the landlords’ experience reflects just how exceptional property management can be when executed with professionalism.
This is a complex industry sector; the Property Manager needs to be able to work strategically and think and act intelligently and with rapidity.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Select the superior tenants on merit and follow all necessary background checking procedures
- Prepare Residential Tenancy Agreements and other required documentation
- Supervise the signing of tenancy documentation by the tenant
- Where necessary, deal with enquiries from prospective tenants and show available rental properties
- Maintain regular, close contact with current landlord clients and tenants
- Organise repairs and maintenance to managed properties
- Conduct periodic inspections of managed properties weekly
- Prepare ingoing, outgoing, and routine property condition reports
- Deal with all correspondence in relation to the portfolio of properties managed
- Work through the rent arrears report daily and follow the no tolerance rent arrears programme
- Regularly review the current rental of each property
- Filing and archiving of property management documents
- Attend all team meetings
- Attend all training sessions as directed by your Manager
A full job description is available upon request
The skills and attributes we are looking for
The Rent Shop is innovative, progressive, and energised. Their company values intelligence, professionalism, decency, and focus and we therefore seek the same attributes. The person, not just the background, is important. It is highly likely you are well educated or bright and your personal presentation impeccable. Your communication skills will need to be exceptional.
While the focus is on locating the attributes indicated above, a business professional with drive and commitment will go some way towards delivering the skills needed. Clearly it would be advantageous if your background is in property management and you have a working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA) but first prize for The Rent Shop is intelligence, professionalism, decency, and focus. We are not going to limit applications from other business professionals other than to say you will need some compelling evidence showing you possess the skills and attributes we are seeking. Full training can be provided by the industry’s recognised best.
The challenge and reward
Most roles talk only about the money. While it is true the financial rewards will make this role of consideration to many, it is the employer’s work culture that will prove most enticing. This is a terrific company, the energy the Owners and Managers put into the business is legendary, the workplace fun, vibrant. The MD, CEO, and Owners of the Auckland Central franchise will acknowledge your successes and help you thrive for this is the company culture of The Rent Shop. An attractive base income, performance incentives, and a company car and cell phone are all provided.
The Heritage building facility will prove well located with a modern free flowing feel to the building that is located on the corner of Hobson and Federal streets, just a 5 minute walk from the Auckland Viaduct Harbour, the Americas cup yacht racing and some of New Zealand’s best eateries.
How to apply and the closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the ‘Apply Now’ section of this ad. This guarantees that both the recruiter and the employer can view the progress of your application through the client hiring portal.
You can also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org but it is strongly preferred you upload through the Apply Now section given this promotes employer engagement.
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application.
- Applications must be received by the closing date which is 8am Monday the 22nd of February 2021 to be considered for this role.
- Processing of applications begins at 9am on the 22nd of February 2021 after which a second acknowledgement will be provided
- All applications will be forwarded to The Rent Shop for review unless otherwise requested.
A job description can be requested by contacting Russell Phillips via email at email@example.com
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Russell via freephone 0800 67 57 47, or mobile on 021 27 479 0000.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's